Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Elephant

The new Chinese and Thai restaurant on Bedford Road, Kempston didn’t disappoint. I had heard good things about Kempston’s latest eatery.

For starters it is right next to one of my favourite Indian restaurants; Blue Ginger – so I may be a little biased.

The restaurant itself is very modern and pleasing on the eye. The menu on the other hand – it’s about 20 pages and just lists dish after dish from both Chinese and Thai recipes. This, I feel brings the quality of the restaurant down. Choice is great but a menu of this magnitude is just too much. It reminds me of lower quality Chinese restaurants or takeaway menus.

This is a shame because the quality of the food is very high, the staff are attentive and friendly and the surroundings as I mentioned are very modern, comfortable and clean. Parking isn’t great but is to be expected in this area of Kempston.

I think this is a good restaurant for a group or large family meal because of its spacious layout, friendly service and fast cooking times. However, I’m not convinced it’s the best place to go if you are a couple looking for a quiet romantic evening meal.

Price- 7
Service – 7
Quality – 8
Wicbha? – Yes – on the right occasion.

3 comments:

  1. Can't seem to find a phone number anywhere on the web for this restaurant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to look at a menu but unfortunatley the restaurant has not got a website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://the-elephant.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete